Help m52 BMW e39

Support for EMU BLACK device
Davidaguas

Help m52 BMW e39

Post by Davidaguas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 pm

I need some help :shock: :shock: :shock:
I installed a Emu black in my project and I'm have troubles . The car it's backfiring when cracking but it eventually starts it runs fine on idle I can set it to the right afr but if I touch the throttle to hard it died on me.
If I press gently it revs up but when you release it backfire
I need someone with the willing to help me on this project

BillyC

Re: Help m52 BMW e39

Post by BillyC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:09 am

Are you getting a good consistent sync state while cranking? That's the first thing to check. If not, something could be wired wrong or setup wrong in the ECU for the different sensors. I'm not that familiar with the M52 and where the triggers are being pulled from.

If it is fully syncing, you will you need to check your firing order and base timing.

A quick google search came up with this thread on another forum.
https://www.hpacademy.com/forum/general ... bmw-m50m52

Davidaguas

Post by Davidaguas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 pm

But its a hall sensor and I wired it the same way it was on the original ecu . Ground . 5+ . Signal
Can it be wrong ? I got the ignition order 153624 in ignition phase
And injection phase
When I crank it it says sync in green in the bottom
I allowed sync with crank and the base timing I've pulled the table up and down no difference on the backfire

BillyC

Post by BillyC » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:04 am

Ok, It sounds like it syncing. Do you get a steady RPM recording in the log while cranking? Do you have some sort of timing light you can check your base timing with? Did you read through that other thread I posted? It might help get you on the right track with setting up the timing. I'm not very familiar with the M52 but there seems to be a lot of information out there of people setting up standalone ECU's on it.

stół kuchenny okrągły