can switch board

All information about power management unit
adzer

can switch board

Post by adzer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:28 pm

hey, just about to build my steering wheel with buttons and the can switch board

before I start I just wanted to make sure what I'm doing will work.

I plan to run my lights, wipers, horn etc off steering wheel buttons, ive got momentary push buttons but I wanted to make sure this buttons will work

I'm presuming for the lights pushing the button once will turn it on and once pressed again will turn off the lights

will this kind of button work for the wipers too? as I'm guessing you press it once and the wipers go onto int mode, press it again and they stay on at constant low speed, then press again to turn off

or will it only work like that via the canbus keyboard?

hope this makes sense?

jgm

Re: can switch board

Post by jgm » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:13 am

Hi,
You can control the wipers from the CAN switch board as you want.
To build the three-state latching switch just use the Switch element ("s" icon in the Project Tree).
Then you need to select the CAN button input as the 'Input channel' of this Switch.

adzer

Post by adzer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 am

hey, thanks for the reply

yeah that's how I thought it worked, just use a normal momentary button then set it up via the pmu software

thanks

adzer

Post by adzer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:11 pm

can someone explain how to setup the switch board in the pmu software project tree?

from what I can gather I need to make a canbus message object, then a canbus input then set up a switch via the "s" in the project tree

I'm unsure how to setup the message object for the 8 switches? can someone kindly explain how it works please

jgm

Post by jgm » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 am

>I'm unsure how to setup the message object for the 8 switches? can someone kindly explain how it works please

Hi,

There is no need to configure it by hand. Just load the provided CAN file (called .CANX in PMU nomenclature) and that's it.

To load the CANSwitchBoard CANX file do the following:
-press Add button on the right side of the Project Tree window
-select "Import CANX file" on the bottom of popup menu
-choose canSwBoard_ID666.CANX
-define where CAN Sw Board is connected - to which CANbus - CAN1 vs CAN2 (can be changed later)
-press Select All button on the bottom of the dialog
-press OK

It will create CANbus Mob (message object) and all the Inputs you've mentioned.

Please note, that you need to configure the SwitchBoard by shorting the configuration jumpers:
I'm using the FORMAT 2 above (ID=666 hex) so the ID2 jumper needs to be shorted.
(The FORMAT 2 is the simplest one and it is used by EMU BLACK.)
If you connect SwitchBoard to the 1 Mbps CAN (e.g. CAN1) also the SPEED jumper need to be shorted.
http://www.ecumaster.com/wp/wp-content/ ... Manual.pdf

adzer

Post by adzer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:28 am

wow, that was easy :lol:

thank you very much for your help

I think I know what to do from here

stół kuchenny okrągły