CAN Keyboard Radio-Button

All information about power management unit
thokes82

CAN Keyboard Radio-Button

Post by thokes82 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to change the orientation of the Radio Button Function? What I mean is, I want to use the Keyboard (2x6) in Vertical orientation and I want to use two buttons which are next to each other in radiobutton-function (toggle). Is this possible or possible to add?

jgm

Re: CAN Keyboard Radio-Button

Post by jgm » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm

There is no direct support for what you want. We will add it in the future firmware upgrade.
But you can do it by using "Indicator" type of keypad button.
The "Indicator" type is similar to "Non-latching", but shows colour based on specified channel.

Attached sample project.
You can change default active radiobutton by changing default state of Set-Reset Latch.
Please use f_button1Value and f_button2Value in your project.

Please let me know if this solution works for you.
I didn't test it because I don't have access to the device today.
Attachments
vertical_radiobuttons.pmu
(27.18 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
button_setup.PNG

thokes82

Re: CAN Keyboard Radio-Button

Post by thokes82 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Just tried...
Works after some playing. Big thank you. Didn't think this way... Really have to get more practice. Would be great if we could somewhere have a collection of examples for doing such things. We can really do a lot with your system and I appreciate the degree of freedom but because of the complexity of some functions it would be great to have something like a wiki where everybody can propose his own cool functions. Or at least some catalog of example functions. You have so much racing experience and know how to do cool stuff...
Take a start button for example: push it to start and stop the engine. I figured it out by myself but not all of your customers have deeper programming experience and know how to think when developing more complex functions.
just a thought... cheers! 8-)

Thomas

stół kuchenny okrągły