Bugs and Feature reqests

Support for EMU BLACK device
magelius

Re: Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by magelius » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 am

gregpe wrote:I had the same message . as soon as ive connected to ecu message dissapear and never come back. You need to connect to ecu once you done this all will be sorted
Great. Thanks!

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 pm

nickbmw wrote:Some simple features that would make the ecu massively better, i have already mentioned the first one in the past.

1. Add one more sensor table called ambient/airbox temp, and give the option to blend the chargetemp between clt/iat OR airbox/iat. This would greatly stabilize the lambda in most applications.

2. "smart idle pid". Program the pid to activate only when rpm has reached withing an adjustable thresold from the target rpm. For example 100rpm. This would be a massive improvement too.
Hi guys, any news with these and the Honda F20C specific sync mode?

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:54 pm

I hope on Monday there will be new firmware with that functionality :)

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 am

Wonderfull news, can't wait :D

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:58 pm

The F20C cam2 mode works great guys.

When should we expect the other new features?

Also, do you have any plans to update the knock control to individual cylinder control and add some more activation/lock out parameters?

blitz

Post by blitz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:50 am

Hi,
not sure if it's a bug, version 2,034 exp1, Sensor -> Oxygen sensor

I set it at "external controller" and set the Innovate Lc-1 parameter (gasoline, 0v-7,35afr, 5v 22,39afr) they seems to be stored, but when i change desktop and turn back they reset at 7,38 and 22,38, not a big deal but i've difference in reading with the Db1 gauge.

Tried to save parameters and restore it, but always change to 7,38 and 22,38

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm

I check it

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

I have also found out this detail with the wideband sensor range calibration cells, but i never paid attention because it doesn't really affect anything

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 am

I noticed that when i copy and then paste VE numbers, the software is removing the decimals, it rounds the numbers.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Fixed in 2.037

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:42 am

I see that in version 2.037 you added support for a second wideband sensor signal, will you allow cylinder assignment per wideband sensor for the ego feedback?

Also, any news with these? :

1. Add one more sensor table called ambient/airbox temp, and give the option to blend the chargetemp between clt/iat OR airbox/iat. This would greatly stabilize the lambda in most applications.

2. "smart idle pid". Program the pid to activate only when rpm has reached withing an adjustable thresold from the target rpm. For example 100rpm. This would be a massive improvement too.

tissimo

Post by tissimo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 am

I have a couple feature requests regarding boost control.

Is it possible to add a 2nd vss scale for blending with ethanol? It would make dial in boost for traction much easier when blending boost with ethanol.

Also for a boost control knob, can we have a modifier % off set boost rather then blend %? I would love to have both, ethanol blend based off % then a nob to lower/raise the boost as I wish. With just a 2nd vss scale I can get away with using the "gear" to adjust boost with a knob.

cmj

Post by cmj » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:13 pm

tissimo wrote:I have a couple feature requests regarding boost control.

Is it possible to add a 2nd vss scale for blending with ethanol? It would make dial in boost for traction much easier when blending boost with ethanol.

Also for a boost control knob, can we have a modifier % off set boost rather then blend %? I would love to have both, ethanol blend based off % then a nob to lower/raise the boost as I wish. With just a 2nd vss scale I can get away with using the "gear" to adjust boost with a knob.
I second for a multiplier (modifier %) for the boost control. Taking up another map is wasteful.

samvel

Post by samvel » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 pm

nickbmw wrote: 2. "smart idle pid". Program the pid to activate only when rpm has reached withing an adjustable thresold from the target rpm. For example 100rpm. This would be a massive improvement too.
It`s there under Idle PID Control > Deadband RPM.
www.esracing.ee / www.facebook.com/esracingestonia

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 am

samvel wrote:
nickbmw wrote: 2. "smart idle pid". Program the pid to activate only when rpm has reached withing an adjustable thresold from the target rpm. For example 100rpm. This would be a massive improvement too.
Dead band is a different thing, the point is to prevent the pid from going in negative correction values during deceleration, that then causes a dip.

blitz

Post by blitz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 am

I've configured a 4.9 sensor and have a second wideband with external controller on Analog 2, now it show me it as double entry in the "input assignment" .

Also i'v tested it and it don't read the primary wideband sensor correctly, it show 14:7 in free air, tomorrow i'll double check the wiring and switch to another 4.9 sensor just to be sure.
Attachments
ecum.jpg

samvel

Post by samvel » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:25 am

nickbmw wrote:
samvel wrote:
Dead band is a different thing, the point is to prevent the pid from going in negative correction values during deceleration, that then causes a dip.
You have also "Idle Control max rpm" to define needed window and "Idle rpm ref" to define DC% when off idle. Also you can limit valve with "Idle valve min DC". These parameters imo should be enough to get rid of "dip" that you describe.
www.esracing.ee / www.facebook.com/esracingestonia

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:22 am

samvel wrote: You have also "Idle Control max rpm" to define needed window and "Idle rpm ref" to define DC% when off idle. Also you can limit valve with "Idle valve min DC". These parameters imo should be enough to get rid of "dip" that you describe.
Idle control max rpm has to be set high enough so that the fuel cut will not be activated when the engine is at (cold) high idle. Let's say about 1500rpm. When you are decelerating in gear, and start droping under 1500rpm, the idle control is active and the pid goes at negative values. This is another thing that is missing, the idle control rpm needs a 2d table vs coolant temp.
Idle rpm reference is irrelevant to our subject. When this table is active, the pid is inactive.
The min valve dc also is a setting that doesn't help in any way.
All ecus have ways off preventing the pid from going in negative values during decel. We don't have anything. And i am suggesting something that no other ecu has (at least that i am aware off), and is the best possible way to control the issue.
I currently have the idle pid off and it works much better than with the pid on.

shrek69

Post by shrek69 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:05 am

nickbmw wrote:
samvel wrote: You have also "Idle Control max rpm" to define needed window and "Idle rpm ref" to define DC% when off idle. Also you can limit valve with "Idle valve min DC". These parameters imo should be enough to get rid of "dip" that you describe.
Idle control max rpm has to be set high enough so that the fuel cut will not be activated when the engine is at (cold) high idle. Let's say about 1500rpm. When you are decelerating in gear, and start droping under 1500rpm, the idle control is active and the pid goes at negative values. This is another thing that is missing, the idle control rpm needs a 2d table vs coolant temp.
Idle rpm reference is irrelevant to our subject. When this table is active, the pid is inactive.
The min valve dc also is a setting that doesn't help in any way.
All ecus have ways off preventing the pid from going in negative values during decel. We don't have anything. And i am suggesting something that no other ecu has (at least that i am aware off), and is the best possible way to control the issue.
I currently have the idle pid off and it works much better than with the pid on.
Bosch Motronic since 1987 has the overrun fuel cut over colant temp.

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:26 pm

shrek69 wrote:Bosch Motronic since 1987 has the overrun fuel cut over colant temp.
TPS settings resolution is also a big disadvantage. One decimal is a must.

stół kuchenny okrągły