Bugs and Feature reqests

Support for EMU BLACK device
nickbmw

Re: Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by nickbmw » Thu May 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Jadzwin wrote:
nickbmw wrote:Rev counter went mad again today, so 2.041 didn't fix the issue, at least not besides cranking
The fix was only for cranking. So you have seen the spike on your rev limiter ? Any misfire during this ?
I didn't feel any misfire, no, neither did i feel it the other times it happened. Yes, i see the spike on my rev counter clearly, it goes crazy, it drops very low and then up again.

And another possible issue. The trigger delay value seems like it's not working properly. I tried to align the timing on two S2ks (F20C) using the stock ecu as the reference, and the delay value doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do even if i set it at 255us.

I follow this procedure :
install stock ecu.
Monitor cyl1 ignition advance and RPM from the OBD. At 6000rpm it gives 45degrees of advance.
I marked the pulley at 45 degrees aprox. as it only has marks at 3,5 and 7 degrees.
Rev to 6000 and adjust the timing light offset so the 45 degree mark aligns. Timing light needed 3 degrees offset in my case today.

I then install the EMU Black, set advance at 45 degrees at 6000rpm in the map, and i start adjusting the trigger delay value until the 45 degree mark is aligned with the timing light set as before from the stock ecu testing, to make it match with the factory ecu which i consider correct. Even if i set the trigger delay at 255us, it's falling several degrees behind at 6000rpm. It looks like the trigger delay number does nothing above a certain point.

Can you advise?

cmj

Post by cmj » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

I'm looking to get more CANBUS data into my EMU Black / E46 project.

I'm using the bimmerforums canbus thread for information: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/show ... us-project

My main request is speed. There is an unfiltered wheel speed input to the original DME/ECU, so I'm assuming that the DME converts this and sends it to the canbus.. I believe that this ID is no longer available since the DME is gone.

There are also 4 wheel speed sensors that come from the ABS module. Is it possible to get this data into the EMU? I have not had luck.

Here's the message information:

Code: Select all

ARBID: 0x1F0 (ABS)
Individual wheel speeds:
Signal wheel 1: startbit 0, bit length 12, Intel LSB, unsigned, gain 1/16 (0.0625) (byte0 + next 4 bits of Byte1)
Signal wheel 2: startbit 16, bit length 12, Intel LSB, unsigned, gain 1/16 (0.0625) (byte2 + next 4 bits of byte3)
Signal wheel 3: startbit 32, bit length 12, Intel LSB, unsigned, gain 1/16 (0.0625)
Signal wheel 4: startbit 48, bit length 12, Intel LSB, unsigned, gain 1/16 (0.0625)

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Are we going to see any of these improvements any time soon?
nickbmw wrote:Important things that need to be improved :

-TPS settings resolution, one decimal digit
-Idle pid lockout strategy during decel
-fuel cut rpm vs coolant temp table
-table set 1/table set 2 break points independent from each other

And some more, that are important but not so basic :

-traction control with driven/nondriven wheel speeds
-charge temp blend with 2nd air temp sensor
-fuel cut/fuel cut resume timing advance gradual increase/decrease
-knock control, needs more lockout parameters, independent cylinder activation, gain per cylinder

Karel

Post by Karel » Wed May 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Nick you are incredible..... you have the most request of all..... are you dealre or at least user of EMU ? Because its really awesome how many requests you create... wow

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Karel wrote:Nick you are incredible..... you have the most request of all..... are you dealre or at least user of EMU ? Because its really awesome how many requests you create... wow
My requests are important things that should be there already for the most part. Ι shouldn't even have to ask for a fuel cut rpm vs temp table, tps settings resolution increase, independent axes between tables 1 and tables 2, idle pid lock out strategy, and then the traction control is virtually useless, the knock control is less than basic, there are bugs very often, and then there are people like you that seem to be happy with what they have, i guess your standards are low. For as long as the ecu is missing very basic things and needs improvements, i do not see a reason not to ask. Unless you think giving up and moving to a different ecu manufacturer is a better alternative.
If you don't find the things in my posts important, then i don't know what is it for you. I am patient waiting for improvements over time understanding that the team has many other things to do at the same time, but the pace is extremely slow.
The question is rediculous but i'll answer. Yes i am a user, i had the EMU, upgraded to the EMU Black, and have supplied and mapped a small number of (Ecumaster) ECUs to friendly customers.

Karel

Post by Karel » Wed May 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Nick, thank you for your answer. I think most (not all) of your requests are for me not so important. If you use what you already have, you can make run the cars better than ever before. I learned to overcome some trouble in other ways. For example i nearly never use idle valves for idle speed control. And yes, you can imagine how many people are waiting for example for Direct Injection ? I think the Ecumaster Team delivers incredible work, and i am looking forward what will come in near future.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 pm

Hello Nick!

I would like to add all your requested features even today but we are very overloaded with the current work and future projects.
However we are working on new features requested by you.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 pm

There is another option with the "crazy tacho". How is it connected to EMU ?

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Happy to hear from you Kuba, the tacho output is wired at aux4.

shrek69

Post by shrek69 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:58 pm

How about a runtime counter? Engine runtime.

Errocodes with freezframe

XuMuK

Post by XuMuK » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 am

What is about a PID-Controller for an electric water pump. E.g. CWA100/200/400 from BMW N-Engines?

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm

nickbmw wrote:And another possible issue. The trigger delay value seems like it's not working properly. I tried to align the timing on two S2ks (F20C) using the stock ecu as the reference, and the delay value doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do even if i set it at 255us.

install stock ecu.
Monitor cyl1 ignition advance and RPM from the OBD. At 6000rpm it gives 45degrees of advance.
I marked the pulley at 45 degrees aprox. as it only has marks at 3,5 and 7 degrees.
Rev to 6000 and adjust the timing light offset so the 45 degree mark aligns. Timing light needed 3 degrees offset in my case today.

I then install the EMU Black, set advance at 45 degrees at 6000rpm in the map, and i start adjusting the trigger delay value until the 45 degree mark is aligned with the timing light set as before from the stock ecu testing, to make it match with the factory ecu which i consider correct. Even if i set the trigger delay at 255us, it's falling several degrees behind at 6000rpm. It looks like the trigger delay number does nothing above a certain point.

Can you advise?

Hi, are there any news with this? The trigger delay setting does nothing above 100us, and the ecu is still falling several degrees behind at high rpm, confirmed on another S2000.

Oopee

Post by Oopee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am

Hi,

Couple of additions I would like to see:

1. Water pressure sensor. I'm running a marine application and this is one important data in terms of cooling.
2. Total amount of consumed fuel (and user definable calibration coefficient for that..)

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

nickbmw wrote:
nickbmw wrote:And another possible issue. The trigger delay value seems like it's not working properly. I tried to align the timing on two S2ks (F20C) using the stock ecu as the reference, and the delay value doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do even if i set it at 255us.

install stock ecu.

Can you advise?

Hi, are there any news with this? The trigger delay setting does nothing above 100us, and the ecu is still falling several degrees behind at high rpm, confirmed on another S2000.
Waiting for a reply since 11 May about this

WHPZach

Post by WHPZach » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 pm

nickbmw wrote:
nickbmw wrote:

install stock ecu.

Can you advise?

Waiting for a reply since 11 May about this
If you don't get a response here, contact tech support directly. They're extremely busy and it seems that the forums aren't monitored as regularly as email is.

tissimo

Post by tissimo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 am

For lambda guard can you add a spark cut or fuel cut option to it?

Personally, if its running lean for whatever reason, I don't want to add a set amount of fuel to it and hope its enough. I would rather it just cut out and force my self to look at the data to asses and fix.

turbofreak

Post by turbofreak » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:31 am

Thank you, thank you. thank you for Imperial units guys! And thank you for all the work you do on making the Black unit great....

Oopee

Post by Oopee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 am

tissimo wrote:For lambda guard can you add a spark cut or fuel cut option to it?

Personally, if its running lean for whatever reason, I don't want to add a set amount of fuel to it and hope its enough. I would rather it just cut out and force my self to look at the data to asses and fix.
Exactly!

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:50 am

We add cut for lambda guard

turbofreak

Post by turbofreak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:35 am

I used to be able to test dwell on my previous ECU under an ignition output test mode while vehicle is not running. I have messed around in test output in the client, but would like to be able to test coil dwells precisely, ex: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc. Is this possible?

stół kuchenny okrągły