Honda ELD and Alternator control

Support for EMU BLACK device
BillyC

Honda ELD and Alternator control

Post by BillyC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Anyone have any recommendations on running the Honda ELD and Alternator Control with the EMU?

It's a pretty basic system that sends a 0-5v signal from the Electronic Load Detector to the OEM ECU. That's essentially a current meter for the entire car with a sensor signal output. The ECU then sends a high/low to the alternator to tell it to change charging modes once certain conditions are met. The reduced charging mode just holds a voltage a little above 12v for better fuel economy and will theoretically rob less power from the motor. I was really hoping I could setup the EMU Black to control these functions just like the stock ecu but it doesn't seem like I can add different sensors or outputs from what is already in the software. Am I missing something?

BillyC

Re: Honda ELD and Alternator control

Post by BillyC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 am

So it looks like running the alternator control probably isn't an option for the EMU unless they build something into the software. Here is a post on the AEM board about the same issue. Something I was slowly discovering as I researched more.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/forum/alternator-wiring

stół kuchenny okrągły