Crank and cam teeth timing.

Support for EMU BLACK device
Troymx576

Crank and cam teeth timing.

Post by Troymx576 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 am

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1flZ8z ... -0Anb_vxbl

Can someone look at my calculations and let me know if I am on the right track. I am trying to setup my Toyota v6 1mzfe vvti.

With a dial indicator on cylinder 1 on bank 1-3-5 compression stroke the TDC is at the 15th tooth falling edge and the first trigger after the missing teeth I counted as zero. I set my primary trigger to first tooth 9 and trigger angle 60. I did see someone else had a 2jz with first trigger tooth of 9 and 57 degrees. Pretty close so I was thinking I was on the right track.

Cam 1 is the 2-4-6 bank and has 3 evenly spaced teeth. They are at 21 teeth first crank rotation rising edge and 9 and 35 second crank rotation. This one is much harder to figure exactly where on the sensor it will trigger, but should be very close. Figured 210-450-690 degrees. I set this as the secondary trigger, 2jz vvt 3 teeth, rising, enable sync above 1500 rpm and trigger tooth 21. Do I need to compensate and take into consideration the trigger angle and subtract 6 from it like I did on the crank?

Cam #2 trigger is bank 1-3-5. Teeth 8 - 32 compression stroke of cyl 1 and 20 next crank rotation. So 80-320-560 degrees. I feel like I am doing something wrong here as there is not setting for what tooth it should be and says trigger angle falling. Shouldn't this need to know where the teeth are when starting so it can adjust the vvti to be correct since it is dual vvti? I set it to 2jz second cam.

Thanks
Troy

Troymx576

Re: Crank and cam teeth timing.

Post by Troymx576 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 am

I think I might have it figured out. On the vvt section on cam parameters you set the cam offset. I am going to guess it is set to the zero tooth and the crank degrees offset is not used.

stół kuchenny okrągły