7MGTE CPS Primary Trigger Tooth Question

Support for EMU BLACK device
Wisetechscott

7MGTE CPS Primary Trigger Tooth Question

Post by Wisetechscott » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:54 pm

I may be losing my mind with this one, I feel it's a pretty stupid question but I can't seem to get my head around it.

I am setting up a 7MGTE in an A70 Supra, and i am questioning the primary trigger tooth settings. Here are my thoughts. The stock system uses Waste fire and Batch injection, so both events will execute 2x per full crank cycle. I am set up for full sequential spark and injection.

My question is should I change the Primary trigger tooth to 24 teeth instead of 12 as the primary trigger is the CPS and is of course driven by the exhaust cam.

If my understanding is all sorts of jacked that's fine, let me know. I'm here to learn. :geek:

Scott

Scooter

Re: 7MGTE CPS Primary Trigger Tooth Question

Post by Scooter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:24 am

Primary should be set to 12 tooth......the physical trigger wheel is 24 tooth, but it is mounted on the cam, which turns HALF the speed of the crank.

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Ok, that makes complete sense. Also this may be another novice question but with the 7M CPS because it is multi tooth you cannot run sequential ignition with it correct? Because you cannot distinguish compression stroke from exhaust stroke.

With that said I think the ignition outputs and the injector phasing should be as such:

coils and injectors are wired to their corresponding outputs.

Primary Trigger:
# of teeth = 12
First trigger event = 3
trigger angle = 66

Ignition event 1 output: 1 and 6
Ignition event 2 output: 2 and 5
Ignition event 3 output: 3 and 4
Ignition event 4 output: 1 and 6
Ignition event 5 output: 2 and 5
Ignition event 6 output: 3 and 4

Injection event 1 Phase: ignition event 1
Injection event 2 Phase: Ignition event 2
Injection event 3 Phase: ignition event 3
Injection event 4 Phase: ignition event 4
Injection event 5 Phase: ignition event 5
Injection event 6 Phase: ignition event 6

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 pm

The secondary trigger, the cam, is providing when TDC occurs. This will allow full sequential.

If you are setup for full sequential:
The ignition order will depend on which cam sensor is wired, front G1 or rear G2.
Ignition: 5,3,6,2,4,1
Injector: 6,4,2,5,1,3
or
Ignition: 2,4,1,5,3,6
Injector: 3,1,5,2,4,6

Which coils are you using? I wasnt aware of too many options that would fit under the oem intake.

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 pm

I am using G2 for the cam sensor. And I am using 1zz coils, I don't have the stock manifold.

just so i'm not a complete idiot about this stuff forever, can you explain to me how to arrived at the sequencing that you gave? how did you know to offset in one direction or the other? I'm super interested in this stuff just find it hard for anyone to actually tell you the why.
Attachments
20170723_122940.jpg

stół kuchenny okrągły