Few questions - moving from Haltech

Support for EMU BLACK device
HarrisRacing

Few questions - moving from Haltech

Post by HarrisRacing » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Moving from Haltech Platinum after seeing your booth at TX2K and speaking with the two reps there and I have a couple of questions after reviewing the software:

1) Turbo speed sensor - I'm looking in your list of sensors and do not see this one as a choice. I have BW 8374 and their sensor with the Road Rage Gauges convertor.

2) Crankshaft Teeth - Right now I'm running 12 teeth on the crank (machined the balancer for this with a Honeywell GT101 sensor). I'm also running a GT101 on the CAMSHAFT reading one metallic extended bolt for CAM sync. If I go to your setup can I run the same wheel or so I need to cut a missing tooth into it? ie I think I can setup the CNC machine to give me 48 teeth since I already have 12 and am pretty sure I can fit it, but do I HAVE TO HAVE A MISSING TOOTH to designate crankshaft position even though I'm running a CAM tooth without VVTI?

3) 6 I/Os spare? Are all 0-5V typical sensors? What about temp sensors for oil temp and water temp? (sorry maybe I overlooked this.

4) DBW throttle bodies. Do you run a parameter for the 90mm LS3 TB yet? I think AC DELCO 12605109
What about the 87mm 4 bolt - 12620263. Are these shared control systems for the two you have listed?

5) DBW pedal assembly. What is a good one to use for your application?

6) PWM outputs - Can I run coolant fans on PWM AND Fuel pumps on PWM? I run both pumps on digital relays now on the same signal. Are there two available outputs for this?

All of this in R32 GT-R.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Re: Few questions - moving from Haltech

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:04 pm

1) Turbo speed sensor - I'm looking in your list of sensors and do not see this one as a choice. I have BW 8374 and their sensor with the Road Rage Gauges convertor.
We are about to add support for this using analog input (you need to have freq to analog converter).

2) Crankshaft Teeth - Right now I'm running 12 teeth on the crank (machined the balancer for this with a Honeywell GT101 sensor). I'm also running a GT101 on the CAMSHAFT reading one metallic extended bolt for CAM sync. If I go to your setup can I run the same wheel or so I need to cut a missing tooth into it? ie I think I can setup the CNC machine to give me 48 teeth since I already have 12 and am pretty sure I can fit it, but do I HAVE TO HAVE A MISSING TOOTH to designate crankshaft position even though I'm running a CAM tooth without VVTI?

12 tooth on crank and camshaft sensor is ok. BLACK has very flexible trigger system so you are able to use virtually any trigger. If you dont have vvti this trigger system will work perfect.

3) 6 I/Os spare? Are all 0-5V typical sensors? What about temp sensors for oil temp and water temp? (sorry maybe I overlooked this.

Yes it is 0-5V, you can connect any sensor (temperature or pressure, etc). You can also enable software pullups / pulldowns on each spare analog input

4) DBW throttle bodies. Do you run a parameter for the 90mm LS3 TB yet? I think AC DELCO 12605109
What about the 87mm 4 bolt - 12620263. Are these shared control systems for the two you have listed?

For LS3 DW we have configuration for sure. If your throttle body is not listed we can calibrate it for you using TeamViewer (free of charge)

5) DBW pedal assembly. What is a good one to use for your application?

Any that fit your car :)

6) PWM outputs - Can I run coolant fans on PWM AND Fuel pumps on PWM? I run both pumps on digital relays now on the same signal. Are there two available outputs for this?
Unfortunatelly you can control with PWM Fuel pump or coolant fan :(

All of this in R32 GT-R.

HarrisRacing

Post by HarrisRacing » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Excellent responses. Thank you.

Also on the PnP Harness for the R32 (RB26DETT) - Are the tie-ins back to the Atessa AWD computer (TPS output, Speed output) already wired in? I don't see them showing up in the outputs section.

Also which outputs should I designated (H-bridge or Aux) to output a 0-5V TPS signal or should I make my own circuit to replicate this so that the ECU and the Attessa ECU see the same voltages. The factory ECM would read one TPS signal and output a mirror TPS signal to the Attessa computer.

Thank You,

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm

As I know there is all electronics required to support Atessa inside the interconnector. I will give you more information on Monday when I talk with engineer that is responsible for this.
Also we have base map for this engine so we can support you with it

HarrisRacing

Post by HarrisRacing » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Ok thanks. I've built my list of Inputs and outputs and their resultant crossovers to my previous setup. I think the ECU arrives today so I'm putting it together now.

As I understand it, I have to use a complete +/- pair of the H-bridge to run my new GM DBW Throttle body.
Then I am to use one more leg of the other H bridge to run my boost controller. (Is this required or can other outputs be used?)
I am going to PWM my fuel pumps on one output and 2 solid state relays. Which output is best for this?
AUX fans can run on any AUX output correct?

I'm pretty good at this stuff and have a handle on it so far, I just need more definition (and I think your manual does as well) on the wiring differences and uses for the AUX, and H-Bridge and where the PWM is handled best.

Thank You,
Patrick

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 pm

For solid state relays use the Hbridge outputs

For boost control solenoids use any AUX output. It it low side type output.
In general for every startegy you can use any free inejctor, aux, hbridge output. Injectors and aux are low side, hbridge is push/pull output (so there is ground or +12V).

HarrisRacing

Post by HarrisRacing » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Jadzwin wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm
As I know there is all electronics required to support Atessa inside the interconnector. I will give you more information on Monday when I talk with engineer that is responsible for this.
Also we have base map for this engine so we can support you with it
About to try to start my car up this weekend. Is this question answered as of yet?

Thank You,
Patrick

stół kuchenny okrągły