E36M3 aircon input/switch

Support for EMU BLACK device
Kthree

E36M3 aircon input/switch

Post by Kthree » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 am

Howdy all, just wrapping up my plug and play solution for my E36M3 w/S50B32, and wondering if anyone has information regarding the type of switching arrangement the IHKA unit employs to activate the air conditioning relay via the OE ECU/MSS50 (pullup/down/ground)?

I can pull apart the backshell and run the multi/scopemeter into the ECU #64 pin/IHKA #10 and see what i get, just seeing if anyone had already ascertained this info prior to pulling the car apart, cheers

Aircon is handy on rainy days, plus it drives to and from competition as part of the supersprint class (road registered etc) so please don't suggest removing aircon :lol:

Kthree

Re: E36M3 aircon input/switch

Post by Kthree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:58 am

Finally had a chance to get into it, interestingly it is 12V switched. I daresay a common BMW method

Sm887

Post by Sm887 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:18 am

Kthree wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:58 am
Finally had a chance to get into it, interestingly it is 12V switched. I daresay a common BMW method
Actually i often see that AC switch is +12V. Toyota, Nissan ect.

Kthree

Post by Kthree » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi guys, Ive been asked a few times about wiring, so here's my solution for the S50B32/MSS50

Reason for ECU change is basically because the MSS50 is a pain in the arse to muck around with and tune. I will be using AlphaN strategy in conjunction with the MAC Motoren airbox currently running on AN MSS50, however fueling runs too lean past 7000 and knocks back timing etc, midrange gains were in the vicinity of 10rwkw from about 3000 to 5500 then fuel became an issue and the MSS50 became too painful. Plus track data i can log :lol: On OE airbox and ECU it came out at 192rwkw; currently i can not guess max gains (which means little), however i will say it is a *lot* more punchier in the mid, a little sluggish under 2500 (as expected) and definitely felt happier and freer

Note I'm utilising a high side controller (its own 12V power supply) for VANOS channels in lieu of the Blacks capability. I have a breakout connector to see which works better when comes time to tune

Fucks me why its upside down in preview

Stole the connector from a MS41 or something or another, desoldered, cut pins and soldered on laser marked MS spec wiring

Here's how it will live in the car, and yes i've confirmed fitment prior to building :lol: Note: was originally a manual so no SMG clips, so held in by an anchor nut and screw

Here's the car if anyones interested, primarily used for supersprints (like time attack kind of)

Airbox

AP 4 spotters w/ 332x32 floaters

Cheers

stół kuchenny okrągły