7MGTE No fire - Can someone take a look at my calibration

Support for EMU BLACK device
Wisetechscott

7MGTE No fire - Can someone take a look at my calibration

Post by Wisetechscott » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:35 am

Can someone please take a look at my calibration file and see if anything stands out to them. From everything i have read/been told and everything i understand it is setup correctly and should fire but it does not.

The car sounds like it wants to starts it spits and sputters , if i was on the outside looking in i would say timing was still off. I have gotten it as close as i can by myself, i wont have anyone else to crank the car so i can read the gun until this weekend. so in the meantime i though confirming the tune would be the best alternative.

for the scope file it would not allow me to upload it with the EMU black file extension so i had to change it... For you to beadle to open it with the EMU black software rename the file extension ".emubscp"

Thanks for all the help
Attachments
scope_201788_1921.emuscp
(326 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times
fisrt_attempt.emublog
(16.38 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Start with V1 ignition table.emub
(119.9 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by Wisetechscott on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooter

Re: 7MGTE No fire - Can someone take a look at my calibration

Post by Scooter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm

1) Ignition output #5 is incorrect, change to 3&4...wasted spark is the same pairing to event #2.
2) Ignition is locked to 0 deg....change to 10deg and check with timing light
3) Log shows battery voltage low and irradic. Is it a fully charged battery?
4) Turn off Knock *temporarily* until it starts good. Knock Ignition Events shows knock events on all cylinders. Are you using flat response 2wire sensors of the OEM?
4) Scope looks perfect, settings and edges correct. Log shows that the trigger is synchronized, but the cam sync tooth is still climbing, before it its stable at 24. try lowering secondary trigger/disable camsync above to: 2000rpm.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm

6) Are you running 1zz coilpacks? Change Coil Dwell Wizard to single fire (5A 37.8mJ)
7) Your TPS min voltage doesn't look right, typically its near 0.6-0.8volts....use this attached pic to calibrate your TPS. At 0% throttle, read TPS Voltage, set that as TPS MIN...at 100%, read TPS voltage, set that as TPS MAX
Attachments
Capture2.JPG

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey Scooter for taking a look at my stuff, i owe you a beer.. or many.

I attached the most recent Tune and log ( i believe the real stuff starts at min 21, before that i was testing my O2 sensor), with your recommendations. I still haven't gotten it to start but its close. I seen 1000 rpm for the first time with these changes. I confirmed yesterday that i am in syn timing wise. just to be sure i will do it again today.

1) I fixed the ignition event for ignition output #5.
2) I have confirmed with timing light 10deg syn with EMU ( i have removed the lock after confirming)
3) The battery is pretty crappy but it hooked up to a charger to see it up to the task. Will be getting a new one once i can get it started.
4) yes i am using the stock 7M Knock Sensors i also thought it was weird that they were reading full knock like that
5) i have changed the secondary trigger
6) I have changed the coil dwell using the setting you recommended
7) I had also noticed the TPS min voltage to be really high, I have calibrated and lowered it to 1.74V but that still seems high to me. I am going to rewire it so see if i can get it to come down.
Attachments
start_with Stock Timing and Fuel_Scooters_MODS.emub
(119.91 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
8-12-17_Start with Scooters Mods.emublog
(487.27 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Last edited by Wisetechscott on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 am

I have rewired the TPS and re calibrated it.. Now the min volt is .87 and the max is 3.8.

***Update***
I confirmed Timing again and it was dead set on 10* and while command was at 10* so i think we are all set there.

I tried to start the car with the new changes ( TPS and added some cranking fuel ). And it Started but dies out almost immediately. As this is new to me I'm learning as i go but i think it is fuel related. I have attached the log for that "Start", it begins at 46 Min, ignore all the other garbage. I also raised the Target idle to just see if i could get it to idle.
Attachments
8-12-17_Start with Scooters Mods_TPS Fix.emublog
(815.92 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 am

sadly the oem knock sensors wont work with emu, so thats whats going on there...glad you got that tps right, that was pretty strange...the battery noise would
be the next thing i would dig into; all those spikes are affecting coils, injectors, wbo, etc and it will never run (i'm going through this same issue on a mkiii now...and finally got the owner to ditch the pnp and do a new harness) I'll look at the new log tomorrow, and see if i notice anything else...

it would be great if others would start to chime in here...it seems like i get little/no help with my issues too

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:35 am

Ok, ill pick up some emu specific knock sensors and a new battery here next week.

It must be a 7m thing, not many people will respond to questions concerining them.. And the ones that know don't speak readily. But that's half of the reason i post as much stuff as i do. I know there has to be people with the same questions. I personaly find it amazing when i come across a post that answers a question i have.

Again thanks for all the help

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 am

the knock sensors can be sourced elswhere....the stud oem toyota #90126-a0006, near $5. any bosch flat response knock sensor, check amazon, near $30. and any ev1 connector, near $10.

but...with shipping costs...and the convenience..its pretty close to the ecumaster price of $85

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Just picked up 2 Bosch 0261231188 flat responce sensors and i already had 2 new ev1 plugs .. So all in 32 shipped... Not to bad at all.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm not entirely sure which cam sensor you are using but try ignition order 5,3,6,2,4,1 and injector order the same. use the "start of injection table" and the table should all be set to 400deg.
Capture3.JPG
you have some serious issues with Battery voltage. Could be battery, alternator, poor power cables, poor grounding....the voltage is pretty flat, when the ignition is on, so battery might be okay.
Capture4.JPG
There are a few sections there that the motor was turning 200rpm, had cam sync, then lost it momentarily.
Try 4.7K pulldown resistor on primary, and 4.7K pulldown on secondary. <---I have not had much luck with this, I had to physically add 20K primary and 10K on secondary on my car. The PNP adapters also have 10K builtin.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Here is a good snapshot of your log. at 25:40....it shows battery voltage was a beautiful flat line....you tried cranking it, and cam signal is loosing sync (*add a resistor to help with that noise)....but afterwards, battery voltage is erratic.
Capture6.JPG

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Just for anyone who is reading/ following this.

Figured out the battery voltage problem, the ECU 12v+ supply was connected the the 12V of the ignition and not the 12V battery wire, This however does not negate the fact that the ignition circuit still has fluctuations in it. I verified from other 12V sources that this issue is isolated to the ignition Circuit.

I have the car up and ruining ( sort of ) now. When I first got it up and running it was surging extremity bad going from 900 to 2000 rpm, this was because it was hitting decel fuel cut. After correcting that for the time being i have it idling in a safe AFR now, but currently the issue is that the idle is at 2000 rpm and no matter what i change to the IACV in any of the idle tables i don't see any changes past about 1800 RPM. I have verified there are no vacuum leaks and that the IACV is operational and the wiring it correct. There has to be something in the software that i am missing that is doing this.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:39 am

Have you tried dropping the idle reference table?

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:10 pm

I havs, i dropped it all the way to 0.. It went down as expected at first but once it got to about 20% it acts like either the iac is stuck or just not responding. I also tried it with the reverse flag off, no difference.

I confirmed that each high bridge wire is going to the correct pin at the plug and have continuity on all wires. Also confirmed with key on that both middle pins have power.. I have a iac block off so for testing I'm going to block the iac. But I dont see how the air could be coming from anywhere else except the iac. I will also scope the lines for voltage fluctuations in ths ignition line as we have already identified this as an issue. I have a feeling its this damn ignition circuit causing these weird actions.

Wisetechscott

Post by Wisetechscott » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:34 am

UPDATE*

I figured out what was going on with the crazy high idle, my throttle cable was binding up and wasn't allowing the throttle plate to close the entire way. Fixed that and like magic the iac now works and I have it idling at 750 and it sounds great.

Thanks for everyone who has helped me with this, so much appreciation.

stół kuchenny okrągły