Triggering CAN-EGT logging ??

ECUMASTER products based projects
imakehp

Triggering CAN-EGT logging ??

Post by imakehp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:45 am

Since there doesn't seem to be a way to get ECUMaster EGT to CAN to connect with my Megasquirt2 unit is there a way I can get the EGT/CAN software/program to start logging automatically or if a certain parameter is met?
I can "start logging" while in the program but need it to start logging at the start of a run in the race car...any ideas?

imakehp

Re: Triggering CAN-EGT logging ??

Post by imakehp » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:38 am

I have the EGT to CAN plugged into a computer under my dash using a USB cable. It connects and work perfectly through the USB cable. I can get it to start logging by hitting SHIFT+F9 ....obliviously it stops logging when I hit SHIFT+F9 again....
Does ANYBODY have an idea how I can do this myself inside the racecar right before I stage? I don't have a keyboard or monitor in the car when I'm racing so it would have to be on a button OR if the program could be made to start logging after the EGT temps get up to 1000* F for instance?
I tried using the RaceCapture software but I guess it won't run because I'm only using the EGT to CAN module....

ANY IDEAS ?? PLEASE

Karel

Re: Triggering CAN-EGT logging ??

Post by Karel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Yes you can setup parametric logging. So you can define conditions for logging start and stop. For example temp, speed or any other conditions.

stół kuchenny okrągły