Celica ST205 - daily driver

ECUMASTER products based projects
skogs

Celica ST205 - daily driver

Post by skogs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 pm

About a week ago a workshop installed and tuned an Ecumaster EMU. The tune was quite crude, but the car worked and made better top end power than stock. People kept telling me that a standalone ECU will never give the drivability of the stock ECU in any car, so i just had to live with the uneven idling, hard start and harsh low load feel. Well now im on a mission to prove them wrong, tuning all the tables and setting all the right settings, i believe that the EMU can be everybit as good as the stock ECU, with the added bonus of more POWER.

The reactions from experienced tuners from literary all over the world to the map that my workshop provided was not even mixed. It was bad. So a member of the Ecumaster development team helped me set up a good basemap. Drivability increased dramaticly.

Every trip i take with the car is logged, and then i adjust the fuelling maps according to the log later. Whenever i have my girlfriend with me, she tunes the VE map in very small iterations as we drive. I have no experience in this area whatsoever, but its turning out really well. I'm closing in on achieving target AFR in all conditions. I am currently driving with map revisjon J, everything is adjusted SLOWLY, so i dont mess anything up.

There are still settings and tables that needs to be looked over by professionals, so Ecumaster is following up and is helping me set everything up right. The Customer support is simply amazing.

Drivability increases every day, and in couple of days it is time to take it on a dyno. Thats where the power will be made.

I will post pictures, graphs and dyno results later.

skogs

Re: Celica ST205 - daily driver

Post by skogs » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Here is the car with the old rims. Looks awesome, but the ride was way to harsh. Replaced by some boring 16" thats not worth a picture.
JRdGyz4.jpg
6AQPWQP.jpg
rgj6AiW.jpg
A friend of mine keeps asking me if i am sure that i dont need an exhaust-tip or spoiler thats a little bigger.

skogs

Post by skogs » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Car at the dyno.
XmAoVjK.jpg
The results are from a pretty conservative dyno.
ELYYy8Z.jpg
The actual power gain compared to the stock ecu is HUGE. It feels like the powerband has been widened. From 3krpm it just explodes when the pressure builds, and keeps it going all the way to the redline.

ATS_Scott

Post by ATS_Scott » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:03 am

Skogs, when you get it dialed in, it will be MUCH better than the stock ECU, and then you will be ready for more upgrades!
Great looking St205!

pepifebles

Post by pepifebles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 pm

How much boost got in this dyno run? I have bought Ecumaster emu with pnp adapter today. I would like have any advise or information about install or anything.

Thanks
The fun starts now

skogs

Post by skogs » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm

I ran 16 PSI. More pressure than that didnt yield much more power due to high turbo temp.

pepifebles

Post by pepifebles » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:31 pm

skogs wrote:I ran 16 PSI. More pressure than that didnt yield much more power due to high turbo temp.
250 whp could be 320 Engine Hp??

At high rpm has modified ignition map? I'm looking for a dealer who can make me the maps. here no one is around
The fun starts now

PSI-Motor

Post by PSI-Motor » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Its not WHP its HHP. Big differens. I would guess 275 at the crank.
EcuMaster Sweden

pepifebles

Post by pepifebles » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 pm

At 16psi its easy get 270 crank hp without EMS.
The fun starts now

skogs

Post by skogs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 pm

PSI-Motor wrote:Its not WHP its HHP. Big differens. I would guess 275 at the crank.
What do you mean by HHP?
The dyno shows power measured at the wheels, isnt that the definition of WHP?

Edit: You mean Hub-hp? That should be the same as whp if the dyno is calibrated correctly. I guess you dont want to take the power loss caused by the tires to affect performance numbers on a conventional dyno.

At least on the dyno that was used here, 250hhp = 250 whp. (compared to any other type of dyno)

rockyboist

Post by rockyboist » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 am

I agree with Scott once you get it dialled in It will be much better than stock. Before, my 1st must have mod/part was the coilover, not it's just next to EMU/standalone.

stół kuchenny okrągły