Getting a pressure signal from the on-board MAP sensor

DET3 technical support
spddm0n

Getting a pressure signal from the on-board MAP sensor

Post by spddm0n » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:55 am

Hi all -

I'm trying to determine if I simply have a bad unit, or if I'm not doing something right? Should I be getting a signal from the on-board 4 bar MAP sensor somehow? If so, where do I see this signal? Should it show up in the data log as pressure? If so, is it attached to one of the analog signals somehow? I can't seem to figure out how to read this pressure signal while recording data.

I found that I can assign the DET3_with_400kPa_MAP.def definition file in the Scales Configuration area of the Setup menu in the software, and it will assign units of pressure to the bottom of the 2-dimensional analog input (with RPM on the other dimension) in the fuel table, but I can't actually view a "presure".

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Koop

Re: Getting a pressure signal from the on-board MAP sensor

Post by Koop » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Analog input #2 is the built-in MAP. Set the scale on that channel to the DET3_with_400kPa_MAP.def and you'll be able to see the signal as pressure.

spddm0n

Post by spddm0n » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the belated reply, I didn't get a notice saying there was a reply to this. I must have to set that up in my profile somewhere. :)

Interesting...how did you figure this out? Is that in the manual somewhere? I'm getting no response from Input #2. The way I have mine wired (input #1 and #4 are both connected to the voltage output on the AFM), the only input signals I'm getting are from the AFM and RPM.

Is it possible my unit is defective?

Koop

Post by Koop » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Using two inputs for the same signal? How did you come to that solution? And why?
So you've connected the hose from en mapsensor to your manifold, and there's no change in value while driving?

spddm0n

Post by spddm0n » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 am

It’s been a long time since my last reply. I had to prioritize other things in place of trying to configure this device.

So, I now believe the wiring diagram I was issued is wrong: assigning two inputs to the same AFM output. I’m not sure why the diagram showed that (AFM output assigned to Analog #1 and Analog #4).

Either way, even when I assign the Analog #2 input to scale with the 4 Bar Map Sensor definition file, I do not see any response from the onboard sensor.

I just upgraded to the new v3.5 software and firmware and I’m now having visual disturbance on the logging screen, so it’s hard to tell. I’ll try to resolve that first. :)

spddm0n

Post by spddm0n » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 pm

I also just found there is no output voltage displayed in the lower right-hand corner window of the Fuel Table tab, called "Log". There is no voltage registered on "Analog#2 In". I wonder if the device is damaged??

spddm0n

SOLVED! Re: Getting a pressure signal from the on-board MAP sensor

Post by spddm0n » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 pm

SOLVED. One I realized the on-board MAP sensor was tied to Analog #2 (this really should be in the manual), I also realized I had already wired Analog Input #4 to ground. That is why there was no voltage output. I think I'll simply remove the wire I installed into the DET3 connector so that I don't ever confuse this again.

Anybody know if Analog Input #2 can be assigned to something other than this on-board MAP sensor?

stół kuchenny okrągły