Bugs and Feature reqests

All about our superior engine management unit.
nickbmw

Re: Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by nickbmw » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 pm

WHPZach wrote:You seem to have a new request every 3 days. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why not focus on getting the car tuned with what's available to you? I can assure you that 2 additional RPM break points won't make or break the performance of your car. I've tuned 13krpm engines satisfactorily with a 16x16 map, you just have to do a little planning/experimenting rather than throwing a ton of breakpoints at it. We would all love to have an infinite number of tables and breakpoints, but the EMU is very much a value-driven product aimed at ease of use.
You are right, i am asking for new features quite often. That doesn't mean that i don't like the EMU, if it shows like this, i have to say i like it a lot. And the aim for ease of use is fullfiled, it is probably the easiest ecu i know off. There also is another plus for me, the Greek dealer is among the top profesionals in Greece at all levels, be it knowledge/experience or customer service. Also, the fact that i am asking doesn't mean that i expect everything to be done.
Something more. Over here in Europe, the Black is cosiderably cheaper than the imported known ecus, so even if it isn't as advanced, it's more value. But with the price tag in your continent, someone has to have a really good reason to pick a Black over a Haltech or a Link.

eugen_troll

Post by eugen_troll » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:20 am

Is it possible to control traction control via dbw and not via sparkcut?
Is it possible to add it?

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Can you add one more parameter in idle parameters, "afterstart rpm increase above coolant"? When afterstart and engine is below operating temp, the idle is kept high anyway from the solenoid or dbw throttle.
And, in the fueling/fuel cut parameters, can you also add a parameter, "increase fuel cut rpm when coolant below"?

2J-240

Post by 2J-240 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:45 am

Any chance we can get a notes section for version updates? also how about increasing frequency shift light as it gets closer to desired full on RPM?

Thank you

RHD

Post by RHD » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 am

2J-240 wrote:Any chance we can get a notes section for version updates? also how about increasing frequency shift light as it gets closer to desired full on RPM?

Thank you

go to "announcements" theres a link to the latest software/firmware test versions and also a change log to see whats been updated

RHD

Post by RHD » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:52 am

Is it easy to have log files automatically saved or backed up?... or do we have this already?

few times now i either forgot to save or my laptop battery died while messing around with mechanical issues and lost some useful logging.

roquete

Post by roquete » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm

will real time autotune be available on standard emu like black?

RHD

Post by RHD » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:34 pm

any possibility to get "squirt 3 times per cycle" option (240 degree split) .... all BMW 6 engines before about 1990 have the injectors in sets of 3

chris72

Post by chris72 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi
Is it possible with staged injection to add the second injector to the primary injector.
The instructions indicate that as secondary injector percentage increases primary injection percentage decreases. This is fine for most applications with small primary and larger secondary injectors.
In our application we have two 840cc injectors per cylinder running methanol, to give an acceptable idle we would like to use just primary injector then adding secondary in as load increases to give us a maximum injection capacity of 1680cc per cylinder.
Is this possible.

thanks
Chris

Astroboy

Post by Astroboy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:15 am

I have a CAN error which is showing a tyre pressure warning light. Is there any way this could be fixed? (R53 mini)

gregpe

Post by gregpe » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm

chris72 wrote:Hi
Is it possible with staged injection to add the second injector to the primary injector.
The instructions indicate that as secondary injector percentage increases primary injection percentage decreases. This is fine for most applications with small primary and larger secondary injectors.
In our application we have two 840cc injectors per cylinder running methanol, to give an acceptable idle we would like to use just primary injector then adding secondary in as load increases to give us a maximum injection capacity of 1680cc per cylinder.
Is this possible.

thanks
Chris
Just use 50% and both of them are working and delivering the same amount of fuel

rtel.dani

Post by rtel.dani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 am

Hey friends,

it would be nice to have a possibility to activate idle control with a simply switch and not only with TPS value.
In my case idle control takes place with the throttle body, and not with a seperate idle valve, but when idle control changes the TPS value, idle control can be deactivated and so on.
If there are questions, please ask me, and i will try to describe my problems with current idle control.

Best regards
Daniel
German user also visit http://forum.ecu-master.de/

WHPZach

Post by WHPZach » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:14 pm

rtel.dani wrote:Hey friends,

it would be nice to have a possibility to activate idle control with a simply switch and not only with TPS value.
In my case idle control takes place with the throttle body, and not with a seperate idle valve, but when idle control changes the TPS value, idle control can be deactivated and so on.
If there are questions, please ask me, and i will try to describe my problems with current idle control.

Best regards
Daniel
Why not leave idle control active all the time (don't reference TPS) and use the RPM reference table to disable it above a certain threshold?

RHD

Post by RHD » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:14 am

can we add idle DC correction to the timers, for a soft rpm return which is good whith light flywheels etc.

2wheels1man

Post by 2wheels1man » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Please, please fix the Lambda always 0.00 problem when importing log from serial logger. It's been like a year, me and some other people wrote about this multiple times.
When you import log, android dash or keelog serial ghost, lambda shown is always 0.00. I know it's working because the logger logs data going to my dash, which displays lambda no problem.
It gonna be some small silly mistake in the import function.
EDIT: i'm on version 1.183

fataznwithcake

Post by fataznwithcake » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:33 pm

I know it's been mentioned before, but it would be really helpful to be able to copy/paste to and from MS Excel.

I'd also really appreciate it if I could make the AFR Target and VE tables display in PSI instead of (or in addition to) kpa. That was the whole reason why I wanted to copy into Excel in the first place.

Edit: Another option would be to allow the client to export/import to csv, xls, or xlsx.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm

We try to add clipboard support, to allow copy tables to excel / open office calc

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm

I will check it, it should work
2wheels1man wrote:Please, please fix the Lambda always 0.00 problem when importing log from serial logger. It's been like a year, me and some other people wrote about this multiple times.
When you import log, android dash or keelog serial ghost, lambda shown is always 0.00. I know it's working because the logger logs data going to my dash, which displays lambda no problem.
It gonna be some small silly mistake in the import function.
EDIT: i'm on version 1.183

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:37 pm

In idle control you can setup diferent idle valve DC for non idle state. That allows to control how fast the car deccelerate when you close the throtlle. This tbale is called Idle RPM ref
RHD wrote:can we add idle DC correction to the timers, for a soft rpm return which is good whith light flywheels etc.

slo_crx1

Post by slo_crx1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:55 am

What about a future option to be able to record the audio from the knock sensor(s) to aid in setting timing and tuning the knock sensor tables? Perhaps even through the USB port, or via a separate cable plugged into the laptop microphone port? To be able to have the ability to listen to the audio and play back the log synchronized at the same time would be incredible!

Otherwise, this is already an incredible piece of hardware and software! Fantastic work!

stół kuchenny okrągły