Bugs and Feature reqests

All about our superior engine management unit.
Kurt

Re: Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by Kurt » Sun May 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Desktops windows created with previous version are lost with EMU Client 1.187. Can open previously saved desktops file and it will load with all windows as expected but after close and re-open, most windows in each tab disappear. Must open my desktop template with each launch of EMU Client. Saving desktops in new client version loses most windows in each tab.

Schlander

Post by Schlander » Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 am

I would love if the data for the newer LSU 4.9 where in the software so it was a PNP solution :D

http://www.aemelectronics.com/products/ ... -afr-gauge

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instruc ... 0Gauge.pdf

ici

Post by ici » Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello
It will be a great failsafe feature is you can implement AFR / Boost dependant table with lower and upper AFR graph limit values against boost values.
Like in the AEM EMS series ECUs like example.

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Desktop saving is already fixed in 1.188
Kurt wrote:Desktops windows created with previous version are lost with EMU Client 1.187. Can open previously saved desktops file and it will load with all windows as expected but after close and re-open, most windows in each tab disappear. Must open my desktop template with each launch of EMU Client. Saving desktops in new client version loses most windows in each tab.

Karel

Post by Karel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:22 am

Please can you fix the drag and drop in tables ?
IGN table, AFR target etc....
it makes mistakes in this operations¨

IGN table copies only whole numbers, so 20,5 will be 20 afetr drag and drop.
AFR target 14,7 will be 14, or in lambda 0,77 will be 0,5 after drag and drop.

so please fix it for us.

pric

Post by pric » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Any news on the knock control?
I'd like to have a manifold pressure or tps based activation/deactivation. (As mentioned a couple months ago, i get huge spikes when letting off the throttle.)

Also every now and then my RPM gauge(OE) drops without any reason, connected to aux 4, don't know if this has happened to anyone else...

Is there a way to improve the update frequency for logging on Android?

Greetings
Mercedes C280 M104 Turbo

PhoB

Post by PhoB » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello, i just sorted some tips for better idle control, it would be handy to have some of these implemented. Its based on my little experience EMU, megasquirt and vems.

- more activation tresholds = under RPMdot or over minimal MAP (to prevent too early idle activation during deceleration=wasting off the activation additive before is needed, PID ect... correction when not wanted)
- ignition , PID, dc error corr. activation delay (to partialy prevent unnecesary false negative adjustment when high rpm dropping at closed throttle or decel)
- cranking + ref dc scalled according CLT (otherwise hotter afterstart RPM spike goes over max rpm value = using not temp scaled ref value)
- VSS DC increase (to have instant efect, no rely on some kind delayded correction)

Or just make me wrong.
Thanks

ici

Post by ici » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:31 am

Hello
May be I could not explained right what I ment in my previous post.
Here it is :

O2 Lean Out Protection
An O2 Kill Limit table has been added that establishes a maximum allowable AFR based on engine
load. When a lean condition is detected, an Engine Protection Rev Limit is enabled. There is also an
optional user configurable Engine Protection Output.

http://aemelectronics.com/sites/default ... pdates.pdf

JZX100EMU

Post by JZX100EMU » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11494

Please look in that topic concerning the EDL-1 logger

RHD

Post by RHD » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Jadzwin wrote:In idle control you can setup diferent idle valve DC for non idle state. That allows to control how fast the car decelerate when you close the throttle. This tbale is called Idle RPM ref
RHD wrote:can we add idle DC correction to the timers, for a soft rpm return which is good whith light flywheels etc.
Sorry to bring this back up so much later, i now the table you mention but thats not active when the throttle is closed and rpm is in the control renge and still falling back to target!

IDLE RPM REF table is used to define idle valve Duty Cycle as a function of engine RPM. Values from the table are executed only when Idle control is not active.

what can happen is the idle control starts at say 1800 RPM so at this point there is a big +RPM error and the idle valve closes right down trying to correct it and if the engine has very light rotating mass the rpm falls so fast that the idle valve cant catch it in time once it gets to target and the engine nearly stalls for a second, there are ways to minimize it obviously but it would be nice to implement a nice OEM style soft return to idle. Maybe the timer or whatever needs to manipulate the target rpm? or maybe theres another way it can be done??

PhoB

Post by PhoB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 pm

RHD wrote: what can happen is the idle control starts at say 1800 RPM so at this point there is a big +RPM error and the idle valve closes right down trying to correct it and if the engine has very light rotating mass the rpm falls so fast that the idle valve cant catch it in time once it gets to target and the engine nearly stalls for a second, there are ways to minimize it obviously but it would be nice to implement a nice OEM style soft return to idle. Maybe the timer or whatever needs to manipulate the target rpm? or maybe theres another way it can be done??

RHD: what about my suggestion to solve this, few posts above? Lets agree on esiest thing to add into software, which we together request for to band-aid this issue. Better than nothing(actual state).

Astroboy

Post by Astroboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 am

Please sort out the spam on this board

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm

pric wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 pm
Any news on the knock control?
I'd like to have a manifold pressure or tps based activation/deactivation. (As mentioned a couple months ago, i get huge spikes when letting off the throttle.)

Also every now and then my RPM gauge(OE) drops without any reason, connected to aux 4, don't know if this has happened to anyone else...

Is there a way to improve the update frequency for logging on Android?

Greetings
Drops momentarily and goes back to normal? I have this in my S2000 too, with both the EMU and EMU Black.

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:24 pm

RHD wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:39 pm
Jadzwin wrote:In idle control you can setup diferent idle valve DC for non idle state. That allows to control how fast the car decelerate when you close the throttle. This tbale is called Idle RPM ref
RHD wrote:can we add idle DC correction to the timers, for a soft rpm return which is good whith light flywheels etc.
Sorry to bring this back up so much later, i now the table you mention but thats not active when the throttle is closed and rpm is in the control renge and still falling back to target!

IDLE RPM REF table is used to define idle valve Duty Cycle as a function of engine RPM. Values from the table are executed only when Idle control is not active.

what can happen is the idle control starts at say 1800 RPM so at this point there is a big +RPM error and the idle valve closes right down trying to correct it and if the engine has very light rotating mass the rpm falls so fast that the idle valve cant catch it in time once it gets to target and the engine nearly stalls for a second, there are ways to minimize it obviously but it would be nice to implement a nice OEM style soft return to idle. Maybe the timer or whatever needs to manipulate the target rpm? or maybe theres another way it can be done??
I have already given a possible solution to this in other posts

pric

Post by pric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm

nickbmw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm
Drops momentarily and goes back to normal? I have this in my S2000 too, with both the EMU and EMU Black.
Yes.
I think it has something to do with high knock sensor readings or detected knock.
Mercedes C280 M104 Turbo

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 am

To the ecumaster team, can you reduce the minimum value allowed for the idle pid max feedback - (negative) to 0?
pric wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm
nickbmw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm
Yes.
I think it has something to do with high knock sensor readings or detected knock.

I don't think it is related to the knock sensor.

KryQ
Site Admin

Post by KryQ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 am

Is there any way to add drag functionality to right mouse button in logs? would be much easier to review logs on pc

Thanks in advance

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:38 pm

nickbmw wrote:
nickbmw wrote:And another possible issue. The trigger delay value seems like it's not working properly. I tried to align the timing on two S2ks (F20C) using the stock ecu as the reference, and the delay value doesn't seem to do what it is supposed to do even if i set it at 255us.

I follow this procedure :
install stock ecu.
Monitor cyl1 ignition advance and RPM from the OBD. At 6000rpm it gives 45degrees of advance.
I marked the pulley at 45 degrees aprox. as it only has marks at 3,5 and 7 degrees.
Rev to 6000 and adjust the timing light offset so the 45 degree mark aligns. Timing light needed 3 degrees offset in my case today.

I then install the EMU Black, set advance at 45 degrees at 6000rpm in the map, and i start adjusting the trigger delay value until the 45 degree mark is aligned with the timing light set as before from the stock ecu testing, to make it match with the factory ecu which i consider correct. Even if i set the trigger delay at 255us, it's falling several degrees behind at 6000rpm. It looks like the trigger delay number does nothing above a certain point.

Can you advise?

Hi, are there any news with this? The trigger delay setting does nothing above 100us, and the ecu is still falling several degrees behind at high rpm, confirmed on another S2000.
Waiting for a reply since 11 May about this

nickbmw

Post by nickbmw » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:48 pm

I have a problem with a Cooper S R53 with the pnp adaptor, the canbus vehicle speed is periodecaly falling to zero and causes problems with gear detection, which in turn causes issues with the boost by gear (it's converted to turbocharged). On another mini i did with the pnp adaptor there isn't a similar issue. Any idea?

2wheels1man

Post by 2wheels1man » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:40 am

I've just installed version 1.200. Some good updates there. But...
I'm repeating myself for the 10th time :(
Lambda value in logs imported from a serial logger (android dash, or keelog) is always 0.00.
AFR values are correct.
I have the logger between my dash and the ECU.
Values on the dash are all correct, so the client just messes up during the import.
Thanks

stół kuchenny okrągły