Bugs and Feature reqests

All about our superior engine management unit.
Jadzwin
Site Admin

Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi there!

You can submit here founded bugs and feature requests for EMU software.

Thanks to your support our products will get better and better.

It is for you guys!

Ecumaster Team

SamiN

Re: Bugs and Feature reqests

Post by SamiN » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Feature requests:

- Launch control: Rev Launch Curve; option that allows you to map out a rev limit curve based on time. Limiting the rpm through the launch.
- Gear cut: Gear based cut times.
- RS-232: Better support for Dash 2 Pro. CLT data does not work atm.

Cheers, Sami

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 am

Can you add variable speed fuel pump control. I have 3 spare coil outputs that I cannot assign to anything right now. I'd like to use one of these spare coil outputs to send a 0-5v PWM signal to a solid state relay to drive my fuel pump. We need to assign PWM frequency and have a table with MAP vs Duty Cycle. Prime at 100% and stop when engine dies for safety.

With knock control, can we have a channel for each cylinder? And channels showing retard for each cylinder. This assumes the EMU is doing knock feedback per cylinder. Is this true, or is it a global ignition retard? The TPIC8101 (or HIP9011) gives the integrated level after each window and we already have assignments for each cylinder window. It seems the info for each cylinder is already there, just needs the channels showing in the software.

For air conditioner control, I use the parametric function. I would like to have the option to increase target idle rpm by "x" amount when the a/c input request is active. My transmission is extremely noisy at 800rpm when the a/c compressor is engaged but is quiet at 1100rpm.

Jan32

Post by Jan32 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm

It would be niche to have some test function, for example idle control, force the output to some value to test the movement of the throttle or to test some other outputs. That is very useful for commissioning, you can test with that easy your wirings and configuration.

And i see another nice function on a other ECU, there is a function that mark the table fields which were approached. For example you drive in the 5 gear from 1000rpm to the rev limiter after this run all approached fields in the table are marked and you can adjust this area ( WOT or 50% TPS or another load point)

Now you have to look in the log to see at witch VE or Ignition point the engine was and then you can adjust these value. I hope you understand what i mean 8-)
Best regards,
Jan

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I do not know what software version do you use, but in latest versions when you move cursor along the log, the cursor on 3D tables follow the log.
It makes corrections much easier.

For output testing it is on our "must add" list.

Jan32

Post by Jan32 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Oh that is really usefull, i dont know that :shock:

Yes than is my objection unnecessary :mrgreen:
Best regards,
Jan

redfogo

Post by redfogo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:27 pm

I would like to see the ability to change the measurement system if wasn't to mush to ask. kpa to PSI primarily. Also an Auto tune option.

patrickh

Post by patrickh » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm

testing Outputs would be cool also for ingnition end injector Outputs
;)

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Here are some suggestions for how the software works:

The label, "Desktop 1",2,3, ect are not editable, I'd like to be able to rename these.

We have 7 of these desktops. I'd like to have more. Please allow us to add as many as we want and assign names. Give the option to "Hide" the ones not being used. So, a menu at the top will have a pop-out list of all "hidden" desktops that we can click and "unhide".

Make it so we can save various versions of desktops in separate files. So, save desktops file as "*****.dsk" or something similar. Then, we can have the option to Open Desktops and select whichever one we want. We could also share these among other EMU users. Make the project file and the desktops file separate, so the project is only the values for all the tables and options. The "******.dsk" file just has data about arrangement of everything, not tied to the project values. So, when a desktops file is open, the project stays the same, and when a different project is opened all the desktops stay the same. Two separate files.

Give us an option to "remember last project". When working with a project offline, the Client program automatically opens some generic project every time the program is opened. When I open it, I want the last one I was working on to automatically open. Same with the desktops file, remember last one I had open.

Under the "File" menu, I'd like "open recent project" which gives a quick list of last several I had open previously.

Let us make our own Visual Log window to be part of the Desktops that we save. So it's always the same shape, margins, and whatever specific parameter logs we want in the window in each desktop. So, right-click in the parameter logs window and select each one we want from the full list, as many or few as we want in that window. BTW, right now, it does not remember the changed margins I set after "Store Desktops". Window size and position are the same, but now I have scroll bars where I didn't when I saved it.

When connected and online with the powered EMU, give us an option to automatically make each change permanent. If I forget to push the button before a power cycle, everything is lost and I'm trying to remember what I did. I know I can just try harder to remember and get into the habit of pushing the "make permanent" button often. But, as a human I makes mistakes and this is extremely frustrating. Actually, it's much more than extremely frustrating. I yell very loud and pull my hair out when this happens. PLEASE!! have it save every live change to the project on the EMU automatically or give us an option to turn this on/off. :)

chris72

Post by chris72 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Is it possible to add a data logging feature to the bluetooth app
i use an EMu on a drag bike so having a laptop on board for data collection is not very practical ( i have done it though) :D

markturbo

Post by markturbo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 am

Hi,

Idle up for AC input using analog input.

Also trigger setups for common vehicles. eg 60-2 BMW trigger.

Thanks,

Mark

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Idle up is available. You can use analog in correction table to do this.

We are planning to add trigger wizard for popular engines.

chris72

Post by chris72 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Feature request
can you add a flat shift end analogue input.
i currently use the flatshift feature set at 100mS, however not all gears take this long to shift ( typically 25 - 80 mS)
what i would like to do is to connect an rotary potentiometer to the end of the shift lever which would then detect when full travel has been completed and end the kill time.
As i use the bike in a drag racing application this has the potential to reduce shift times and save loading the gear shift mechanism for longer than needed.

Thanks

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Guys!

We read carefully all of your comments and we are going to implement most of the requested features.

Chris please contact me via email and we find good solution.

sulik

Post by sulik » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello guys,

it would be great if you can integrate a "rolling antilag" eature like the Pro-*FI 128 unit has.
That would be great for roll racing.... 8-)

bye
Alex

SamiN

Post by SamiN » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:25 am

Feature request: Race Technology Dash 2 Pro support

- It needs only some minor, but crucial, updates from "Dash 2" template. Mainly unit conversions from EMU side and variable (VAR_) mod for CLT

/sami

edit; added missing t letter :D

Jan32

Post by Jan32 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:16 am

For next firmware update it would be great to see when the EGT correction is working and how mutch. Now i can only adjust the 2D Table but i cant see anything how mutch enrichment is going on.

Edit: i have checkend all Logs an i can See it on injector PW and DC. When the max temp passed then the DC goes up. But a directly value in the Log sould be better. Now you cannot see directly how much is the enrichment, to compare it with the VE value.
Best regards,
Jan

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi Jan32

For next firmware release the EGT correction will be expanded and we also add egt correction channel.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:18 am

Can we get faster than 10Hz logging speed? 50Hz min would be great. Faster would be even better! I would like to be able to set each log channel speed, so things like AIT would be slow, but acc. enrichment, knock channels, traction control, etc.. can be fast (100Hz+).

PSI-Motor

Post by PSI-Motor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:13 pm

50hz is more than satisfying :)

If it could be 50hz on RPM, Mapsensor, AFR and a couple more i would be happy, no need for it on IAT, CLT, etc
EcuMaster Sweden

stół kuchenny okrągły