Emu problems subaru

All about our superior engine management unit.
Stefan_s

Emu problems subaru

Post by Stefan_s » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi,
I've just wired in an Emu into my 1996 subaru legacy gtb that is running an ej20h but has been converted to a single turbo so is basically an ej20g, with 440cc injectors and a vf34 turbo and 3" exhaust system,

Anyway I've wired it in correctly making sure every pin is where it needs to be and when I connect my laptop to upload a Base map it says connected but nosync next to it and it won't store the Base map and the fuel pump is on constantly,

Anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

Thanks
Stefan
Last edited by Stefan_s on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denisuk

Re: Emu problems subaru legacy

Post by Denisuk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Post your project file. Are you using old subaru 6/7 trigger pattern or 36-2-2-2 trigger wheel? What about scope file during cranking?

Stefan_s

Post by Stefan_s » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm using the old subaru 6/7 trigger pattern,

I'll post the file I'm using tomorrow, when I crank the engine over it also says that the ecu is disconnected then reconnects once I stop cranking.

When I installed it I followed an ecumaster pin out document that I had sent to me when I purchased the emu, it had at the bottom something about an internal dip switch, do I have to open the emu up and make sure the dip switch is in the correct pattern?

Stefan_s

Post by Stefan_s » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 am

here's a copy of the base map file I've been using
Attachments
96Legacy.emu
(78.03 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Denisuk

Re: Emu problems subaru

Post by Denisuk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 pm

You have a power problems if you're getting disconnects while cranking. Check your grounds first of all, and 12v power to EMU while cranking. All the ground wires except sensor ground must be bolted on intake manifold, where they were from the factory. We can't move further until you getting disconnects while cranking. Disable ignition and injectors outputs, remove spark plugs for easy engine cranking and get that scope data :)

Stefan_s

Post by Stefan_s » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Hiya,

Fixed the issue which turned out to be a 12V supply problem, ive recorded scope data which i'll post below

thanks for any help

Stefan
Attachments
scope_2017918_1831.emuscp
(196 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times

Denisuk

Post by Denisuk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

If you're using the right set of 6/7 as shown below (rusted pair),
You sould see a log like this (look at crank angle pulse and cam angle pulse):

It looks like you are getting good secondary trigger (cam), but not enough teeth on primary (crank). Check your wiring, try to change ignition capture from falling edge to rising, or swap wires at crank position sensor. Or maybe scope tool shows already converted to multitooth 2 signal? Do you get a stable RPM during cranking? Attach an emulog file next time.

Stefan_s

Post by Stefan_s » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi,

I've tried changing the settings you suggested and changing the wires round at the crank sensor as suggested but still getting the same scope pattern,

The primary trigger settings that are in the Base map I'm using say that the number of teeth including missing is 2, is this correct?

I am getting a consistent rpm while cranking also, around about 180rpm

Thanks

Stefan

Stefan_s

Post by Stefan_s » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 pm

also when cranking, under the ignition log, it comes up as all the triggers as being synchronized, but it is still just cranking and to even offering to fire. I've double checked my wiring and all is ok so I'm putting my problem down to something in the settings somewhere is not correct, i assumed it may have been my firing order being wrong as it was set at 1,2,3,4 but i then changed it to the correct 1,3,2,4 and set the injector phase to match but yet still nothing

although i have noticed that there is a knock sensor fault, could this be stopping the engine from starting?

stół kuchenny okrągły