start up map /advice for merc m120 v12

All about our superior engine management unit.
evostevo46

start up map /advice for merc m120 v12

Post by evostevo46 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Hey i have a merc m120 fitted to bmw gearbox with custom adapter/ flywheel ap racing 3 plate clutch, going in to a altezza, the engine itself is 60 degree v12 dohc vanos on intake cams, coil packs came with it ,flywheel side 60 tooth trigger wheel ,wideband lamba sensor ,custom itb,s with toyota tps sensor, i was looking for advice on start up map , coil pack/injector wireing, and the itbs as i never did itbs before or a v12, thanks in advance

RHD

Re: start up map /advice for merc m120 v12

Post by RHD » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 pm

we are going to need a little more detail before anyone can help you

Im guessing it has sensors on each intake cam?
Is it full variable cam control or is it just a two position system?
Does the crank trigger have missing teeth and how many?

to run the VVt generally you will need sensors on both intake cams and a missing tooth configuration on the crank.

you will need to know what type of sensors you are using and configure the software accordingly

then you will need to take 2 scope readings of all the triggers while you are cranking the engine, one with all falling edge settings and one with all rising edge settings, then post those up and we can help with the next step

evostevo46

Post by evostevo46 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Ok thanks for your reply the trigger wheel is a 60-2, ther is 2 sensors on one exhaust cam nothing on the 3 others i suspect thats becase the m120 ran on 2 ecus it also had 2 crank sensors, the vvt is just a on off system on above 2100rpm and off again at 4700rpm, could you tell me the pairings for the coils and injectors so i can finish wireing it then i will get the trigger wheel values, also is a tps sensor enough or would i need a map sensor?

RHD

Post by RHD » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 pm

ok in that case you wont need the cam sensors since you will be running wast spark and paired injectors so everything can run straight off the crank sensor, 60-2 is no problem just enter that in the settings

you will need to find out the firing order and write that down in a row, the coils will be paired every 6 numbers apart, wire the injector pairs in the same sequence and your output setting will be 123456123456.

here you go 1&6 , 12&7 ...etc

evostevo46

Post by evostevo46 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

hey engine is all wired now paired cylinders and in for the last time their was a delay in the build i went doing up a twincam! do i just plug in the ecu and crank it over so and then post up the results? i just need a rough map to get it running to make sure their are no leaks or other issues before i bring it to get mapped

stół kuchenny okrągły