VERSION 1.110 - New fueling model

Get information about latest versions of software
Jadzwin
Site Admin

VERSION 1.110 - New fueling model

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Hello !

There is new version of EMU software 1.110 with many changes and improvements.

The bug with 3 wire PWM idle solenoid bug is fixed (problems with DC between 49-51)
Now the software works under windows XP :)
Ignition outputs can be assigned to some function like coolant fan, check engine light or fuel pump control.
Now the ignition outputs assigned to coils are not active after ignition on. They became active when RPM signal appears.
There is also full support of AC compressor clutch switch with idle and coolant fan control.

I hope that in this version there will be no more flickering of user interface.

Due to the fact of changing keyboard shortcuts support, it might be required to redefine keys!

We would like to introduce new advanced fueling model. To use new mode in options Fueling/general/Fueling strategy Advance mode should be set. The advance mode use Lambda instead of AFR.

Actually the tables AFR Target are AFR/Lambda target and depend on Fuelling startegy mode

To make tune easier new log tool was added (Tune display)

Advanced fueling model extends the previous fueling strategy (called “basic”) by involving air charge temperature approximation and involving lambda target into final pulse width calculation.
Thanks for new strategy the VE table is “true VE table” and mixture is defined in the table Lambda target.
The following factors are considered during computation:
1) Injectors size and injectors dead time
2) Engine displacement and number of cylinders
3) VE table
4) Lambda table
5) Inlet air temperature
6) Engine temperature (coolant)
7) Transient state correction
8) Other enrichments (warmup, afterstart, LC, and so on)

Using new model the tuner need to build desired lambda target table, and then build VE table manually or using new tools available in the software (auto tunes). If the lambda and lambda target are equal for the whole table, further changes of mixture is done only based on lambda table.

Basic model vs Advanced model

In the table below there are presented factors used for current Fuel Equation Models

USED TABLES
VE table
This table defines volumetric efficiency of the engine. The volumetric efficiency is simply the actual volumetric flow rate divided by the theoretical volumetric flow rate multiplied by one hundred.
This table is created during tuning process. During tuning process the user must assure that for given cell the current lambda is equal to lambda target.

Lambda target table
In Advanced model the lambda table is the very first table that should be defined (before tuning VE table). We define the desired lambda target for given engine RPM and Load that we want to achieve. When the VE table is properly created (and other factors like injectors dead time are defined correctly) the further tuning is performed using this table and does not require the wideband oxygen sensor (however it is wise to check results with the real time data).
In Basic model this table is used only for real time mixture correction based on Lambda sensor and is not used in fuel equation.

Charge temperature estimation table

Charge defines the contents of the cylinder after closing of all valves, the charge consists of the fresh mixture and the residual gases. The simplest way is to use IAT to estimate air density. This approach doesn't consider the effect of air heating via intake manifold and engine elements. The lower air flow, the air heating is more significant. To estimate this phenomena the Charge temperature estimation table was introduced. This table defines how much IAT and CLT influence the charge temperature. 0% means the charge temperature is equal to IAT sensor value, 100% means that charge temp. is equal to CLT sensor value.

It is important that all temperature related calculations are implemented in Fueling equation, and IAT Correction table is used only in special cases !!!

Injectors cal. Table (dead time)
This table is very important in aspect of Advanced fueling strategy. It must be defined before starting VE tuning. If this table doesn't reflect injectors dead time, it will influence the final pulse width and the final lambda might be different than expected (the lower pulse width, the more injectors dead time influence the lambda value).

Fuel pressure correction (DFPR correction table)

FPR corr. table is used to calibrate fuel dose correction related to fuel rail pressure delta. Delta pressure is the pressure difference between the pressure in the fuel rail and manifold air pressure, and is the effective pressure that drives fuel through the injector.

ATS_Scott

Re: VERSION 1.110 - New fueling model

Post by ATS_Scott » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:59 pm

This is a fantastic upgrade! Thanks for putting in all the hard work to make this happen!

I see mention of auto tune in the changelog, but I am not seeing anything in software. Is it just built-in to EGO Feedback? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:25 pm

There is instant autotune option. I will post later how to use it.
We add also markers to log what is very usefull option.

astra vxr

Post by astra vxr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Jadzwin wrote:There is instant autotune option. I will post later how to use it.
We add also markers to log what is very usefull option.
sounds good used autotune on megasquirt to get a very basic fueling map when your on your own its spot on ! havent looked at at it yet but it does sound good
JSR .....uks fastest mk2 astra now with emu ecu !

Wuniek

Post by Wuniek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi,

i see lots of stuff to test :)

but i have a request, unfortunately i still have problem with this shitty Intel graphic driver that crash if i have opened big number of windows on several desktops in each never version number of windows that i can use is drooping, so the question is can you once again add pop up with info about amount of opened windows when exit application ? it will help estimate real amount of windows that i can use ( and sure 100+ windows is much but you give us so many desktops :) )

ATS_Scott

Post by ATS_Scott » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:50 pm

I found the Autotune VE table Cell shortcut... Haven't tried it yet. I assume it only works in advanced mode?

samvel

Post by samvel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Jadzwin wrote: Ignition outputs can be assigned to some function like coolant fan, check engine light or fuel pump control.
There is also full support of AC compressor clutch switch with idle and coolant fan control.
Many thanks for these 8-)
www.esracing.ee / www.facebook.com/esracingestonia

samvel

Post by samvel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Jadzwin wrote: Ignition outputs can be assigned to some function like coolant fan, check engine light or fuel pump control.
Now the ignition outputs assigned to coils are not active after ignition on. They became active when RPM signal appears.
Fuel pump priming will not work anymore if assigned to coils outputs?

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:39 pm

I will check this

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 am

I test it and everything seems to work correct.
How did you test it ?

gregpe

Post by gregpe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:56 am

samvel wrote:
Fuel pump priming will not work anymore if assigned to coils outputs?
please note question mark :) i guess that was a question :)

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:05 am

Should work :)

Wuniek

Post by Wuniek » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:25 am

Wuniek wrote:Hi,

... unfortunately i still have problem with this shitty Intel graphic driver that crash ...
ok i managed to manual install driver from Intel web site : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... 8-1-64-bit

conclusion is that on driver version 10.18.19.3308 EMU client have problems with OpenCL library :

the problem seems to be absent in the latest version of the driver 10.18.10.3958 :

it is to late for me to check it but i think new driver have updated version of OpenCL 1.2

tmus

Post by tmus » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:18 am

thanks for this it will help with my self tuning process!

Got some questions:

1. Do i need to turn on EGO feedback to use this "Fueling Strategy", or is it always active now.

2. Does that mean my current fueling will be affected since the "fueling strategy" can not be de-selected.

3. during tuning if i understand correctly.....I can use the "advanced"strategy while tuning the car, then adjust my VE table until it matches the "AFR" target.

Once that is done, it means i will have a* TRUE VE* for my setup? and that i could use the AFR target table to adjust my fueling.. like make it leaner or richer simply by inputting the AFR i wish?

PBU

Post by PBU » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Looks great !
But from me also some questions.

1) When installing the 1.1 version with advanced mode, can is still use my current emu file and nothing changes (VE ,warmup, ignition, start, accell enrich , ..............) ?
2) When using the advanced mode, is my current VE table ( which is not bad for the moment ) still usable ?
3) Now i have a good AFR table , can i convert to Lambda table ?
4) Can i still use the bosch 4.2 WB sensor or need i to install a lambda.?

And the last one : Why should i convert to advanced mode when current fueling mode is working ok ? Is the fuel regulation better/faster or is the main advantage the autotune ?
My VE tuning is 95% done for the moment. So autotune is not so important for me anymore.

Grts
Patrick

Jan32

Post by Jan32 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Great job guys. The tuner display is great and the autotune butten is nice so you dont have to calculate it by your own.

But now i have often software crashes when i open logfiles. I uses it on WinXP.

And the convert function from AFR to Lambda does not work. It convert for example AFR 14,7 to Lambda 1,47.
Best regards,
Jan

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:14 pm

1. Do i need to turn on EGO feedback to use this "Fueling Strategy", or is it always active now.

EGO feedback is separate mechanism that is used for real time correction. So the user need to decide to use close loop control.

2. Does that mean my current fueling will be affected since the "fueling strategy" can not be de-selected.

By default there is Basic fuel strategy so nothing will change. You need to change to advance to change the model.
However you can still use Charge temp. estimation table in basic model (by default it is set to 0 so it works on IAT only).

3. during tuning if i understand correctly.....I can use the "advanced"strategy while tuning the car, then adjust my VE table until it matches the "AFR" target.
Once that is done, it means i will have a* TRUE VE* for my setup? and that i could use the AFR target table to adjust my fueling.. like make it leaner or richer simply by inputting the AFR i wish?

Yes it works exactly as you wrote

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

1) When installing the 1.1 version with advanced mode, can is still use my current emu file and nothing changes (VE ,warmup, ignition, start, accell enrich , ..............) ?

Yes. You need to change fueling model from Basic to Advance.

2) When using the advanced mode, is my current VE table ( which is not bad for the moment ) still usable ?

Yes if you set your Lambda target to 1.0 in all cells. Otherwise the final injectors PW will be altered by Lambda target table.
3) Now i have a good AFR table , can i convert to Lambda table ?

Yes you can but for Advanced mode you need to modify VE table. New VE table will be much more flat and will represent true VE.

4) Can i still use the bosch 4.2 WB sensor or need i to install a lambda.?

Lambda is just the way of measure the combustion process. Lambda 1 means that there was complete combustion.
Lambda is much better than AFR because it doesn't depend on the fuel. AFR is simple Lambda * stoich ratio for given fuel. For Petrol is 14.7 for Ethanol is 9.0 and so on.

And the last one : Why should i convert to advanced mode when current fueling mode is working ok ? Is the fuel regulation better/faster or is the main advantage the autotune ?
My VE tuning is 95% done for the moment. So autotune is not so important for me anymore.

You do not need. There only advantage is that your VE table is true VE and then you can modify the mixture by altering lambda target table.
You can still use Charge temp. estimation table with basic model. It is nice feature for idle and low load condition (idle are stable even the IAT heat soaks).

Jadzwin
Site Admin

Post by Jadzwin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:25 pm

But now i have often software crashes when i open logfiles. I uses it on WinXP.

Can you send me the log and give more details ?

And the convert function from AFR to Lambda does not work. It convert for example AFR 14,7 to Lambda 1,47.
You need to convert manually table after conversion. It depends on the fuel that you use.
For example if you use petrol and convert from AFR to Lambda, just after conversion select all cells (CTRL + A) and then type 0,68* (or 0.68*). It will multiply all cells by (10/14,7) and you get correct lambda.
The same converting from Lambda to AFR. Just multiply all cells by 1,47* (or 1.47*)

samvel

Post by samvel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Jadzwin wrote:There is also full support of AC compressor clutch switch with idle and coolant fan control.
I have been playing around now little bit more with AC related things. You have added great things. The minimum would be to have idle-up directly from AC function, when compressor clutch is on, so we`d save 1 Analog ip. Next is clutch off under certain conditions - as oem ecus do, for these i miss additionally max RPM condition and maybe VSS. Can You please add them in future updates?
Now switching coolant fan on when AC active is another great option, as this saves another output. I will just use AC fan relay at same output as main fan.
AC pressure and EVAP Temp conditions makes AC control pretty much complete, so EMU can be used instead of oem AC controller/ecu.
As You have programmed it already so far, what do You think about option of full climate control? Is it possible to add option for inside/outside temps, target temp adjustment (for example with rotary switch) and make automatic closed-loop function control based on that?

stół kuchenny okrągły